Empower Solar Perth considers respect for privacy and confidentiality to be fundamental principles for good business practice. We are committed to treating the personal information we collect in accordance with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Personal information we collect
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect and hold different information about you. For example, this may include:
- your name, email address, telephone number, address, date of birth, occupation;
- information about your access and use of this website;
- information about which of our products and services are of interest to you;
- information through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services;
- information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers and social media platforms
- information regarding invoices, contracts or receipts relating to payments you make to entities with whom we have a referral or brokerage relationship, excluding however your personal bank account or credit card information; and
- where necessary, additional information required by Empower Solar Perth or entities with whom we have a referral or brokerage relationship, to supply a product or service.
Use of personal information
Empower Solar Perth collects personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide access to market intelligence.
- to provide business development advice.
- to respond to enquiries.
- to maintain contact with our clients and other industry stakeholders.
- to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our services, industry developments and to notify of training and education programs.
- for administrative purposes.
- for recruitment purposes.
- for purposes relating to the employment of our personnel.
- for the engagement of service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business.
- for other business-related purposes
Empower Solar Perth may also use your personal information for the marketing of its services. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you can contact us as detailed below or use the unsubscribe function on electronic communication, or the notification function on other marketing material. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to complete or fulfill the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing details with the services we were engaged to perform.
Disclosure of personal information
Empower Solar Perth will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless:
- to provide products and services and information about those products and services to you, to assist you with enquiries, or to improve our customer service;
- for our billing and account purposes;
- to maintain our business relationships where you are a business partner, a user of our website and services, or a customer;
- to allow our related companies, business partners, service providers, energy retailers, solar system installers, battery storage system installers, related solar products and/or service providers, and other third parties to provide services to you or to assist us in providing services to you and managing our business
- if you are an employee, a contractor or supplier of services to a client, then we may disclose your personal information as part of providing services to that client
- permitted by law
- by your consent.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material to you. However, we may share non-personal, de-identified or aggregated information to them for research or promotional purposes.
Security and retention of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also take reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The security measures we take include physical security measures (alarmed and video surveillance monitored offices) and technology security measures (including restriction of access, firewalls, the use of encryption, passwords and digital certificates). The personal information you provide to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected, as required by law or in accordance with our documentation retention policies.
Privacy on our website
You have several choices regarding your use of ESP’s website. In general, you are not required to provide personal information when you visit our websites. However, if you apply to receive information about our services and industry updates, we may require you to provide certain personal information.
ESP’s website may contain links to third parties’ websites, including sites maintained by other industry stakeholders. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures. You will need to review those websites directly to view a copy of their privacy policies. Empower Solar Perth does not endorse, approve or recommend the services or products provided on those third-party websites.
Keeping personal information current
If you believe that any personal information Empower Solar Perth has collected about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please contact Empower Solar Perth as soon as possible and we will take reasonable steps to correct it in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.